Chat-Rap - Forum, Chat Room, Music, Games, Videos, and Much Much More
Welcome to the #1 Chat-Rap Message Forums.

You may need to register before you can post: click the register link below to proceed.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the #1 Chat-Rap Message Forums.

You may need to register before you can post: click the register link below to proceed.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 1074 on Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:21 pm
Latest topics
» Favorite Rappers?
Injured Stuart Broad ruled out of rest of Ashes series EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 11:08 pm by xfiniteradio

» Hello, new to the forums.
Injured Stuart Broad ruled out of rest of Ashes series EmptySun Jun 03, 2018 8:01 am by CarnageExploit

» my Intro
Injured Stuart Broad ruled out of rest of Ashes series EmptySun Jun 03, 2018 7:59 am by CarnageExploit

»  HI, I'm new and an idiot
Injured Stuart Broad ruled out of rest of Ashes series EmptySun Jun 03, 2018 7:56 am by CarnageExploit

» Would you do it for money?
Injured Stuart Broad ruled out of rest of Ashes series EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 12:35 am by ninja stars

» Do u make love with the lights on or off?
Injured Stuart Broad ruled out of rest of Ashes series EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 12:25 am by ninja stars

» Virginity
Injured Stuart Broad ruled out of rest of Ashes series EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 12:18 am by ninja stars

» trump's moves on North Korea: your thoughts?
Injured Stuart Broad ruled out of rest of Ashes series EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 2:51 am by BattlePro

» Role play games
Injured Stuart Broad ruled out of rest of Ashes series EmptyMon Feb 19, 2018 7:14 pm by OriginOfSuicune

Poll

Would you have s3x with someone if they offered you money?

Injured Stuart Broad ruled out of rest of Ashes series Vote_lcap44%Injured Stuart Broad ruled out of rest of Ashes series Vote_rcap 44% [ 16 ]
Injured Stuart Broad ruled out of rest of Ashes series Vote_lcap14%Injured Stuart Broad ruled out of rest of Ashes series Vote_rcap 14% [ 5 ]
Injured Stuart Broad ruled out of rest of Ashes series Vote_lcap22%Injured Stuart Broad ruled out of rest of Ashes series Vote_rcap 22% [ 8 ]
Injured Stuart Broad ruled out of rest of Ashes series Vote_lcap0%Injured Stuart Broad ruled out of rest of Ashes series Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Injured Stuart Broad ruled out of rest of Ashes series Vote_lcap19%Injured Stuart Broad ruled out of rest of Ashes series Vote_rcap 19% [ 7 ]

Total Votes : 36

Injured Stuart Broad ruled out of rest of Ashes series

Go down

Injured Stuart Broad ruled out of rest of Ashes series Empty Injured Stuart Broad ruled out of rest of Ashes series

Post by nirvana Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:55 am

Injured Stuart Broad ruled out of rest of Ashes series

Click to play

Click to play
Advertisement

Broad 'heartbroken' to miss Ashes series

England seamer Stuart Broad will miss the rest of the Ashes series with a torn abdominal muscle.

The Nottinghamshire star, 24, suffered the injury while bowling on the fourth day of the second Test in Adelaide.

He missed the final day's play as England beat Australia to go 1-0 up in the series, having drawn in Brisbane.

England are hopeful Broad will make a full recovery in time for the 2011 World Cup in India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh that begins on 19 February.

"Playing for England in an Ashes series in Australia has been something I've dreamed of for a long time so to have that cut short by injury is devastating," Broad said.

This winter is a big one for the England team so my focus will have to shift to preparing for the World Cup

Stuart Broad

"So far the series has been everything I had anticipated and knowing I'll play no further part is quite hard to take.

"Given the way we had started the series I was looking forward to playing a leading role in England retaining the Ashes but that's not to be.

"Injuries happen and there's nothing I can do about it other than make sure I get stuck into rehabilitation and come back stronger in time for the World Cup next year.

"This winter is a big one for the England team so my focus will have to shift to preparing for the World Cup."

England captain Andrew Strauss told BBC cricket correspondent Jonathan Agnew that Broad's loss was a huge setback for the team.

606: DEBATE
If they pick Bresnan on the grounds of his batting then that would be to ignore two factors: his recent batting record is nothing to write home about; we are looking for a bowler to take wickets to win matches

QuarterMoon

"It's a big blow there's no doubt about it," Strauss reflected. "He's been the mainstay of our bowling attack with Jimmy [Anderson] and Swanny [Graeme Swann] for a while now and hasn't got what he has deserved on this tour. It was terrible news and we're all really sad for him."

England's chief medical officer Dr Nick Peirce said Broad would return home to begin rehabilitation.

Broad struggled for form in the first two Tests, but was expected to be a key player in the series as part of England's four-man front-line bowling attack and with his ability to score major runs lower down the order.

The tourists are not short of bowling cover down under, with Ajmal Shahzad, Tim Bresnan and Chris Tremlett vying to take Broad's place in the third Test in Perth starting on 16 December.

Tim Bresnan Age 25, Tests 5
First-class wkts 256; av 32.26 Runs 2918; av 27.52
Ajmal Shahzad Age 25, Tests 1
First-class wkts 94; av 32.54 Runs 814; av 29.07
Chris Tremlett Age 29, Tests 3
First-class wkts 344; av 27.24 Runs 1884; av 18.29

And former England captain Michael Vaughan believes Hampshire's Tremlett, who has played three Tests and impressed in the warm-up game against Australia A in Hobart, is the current favourite.

"It will be a shoot-out in Melbourne [England's game against Victoria starts on Friday] between Shahzad, Bresnan and Tremlett," Vaughan told BBC Sport.

"I just hope they pick the guy they think will take the most wickets in Perth.

Bresnan is probably the best batsman, and if he bowls the best in Melbourne, then he will play.

"You would think it may bounce in Perth, so I think Tremlett has just got his nose in front. But don't rule out Bresnan. I think he is an ever-improving bowler.

"Shahzad will come into play if they believe it will reverse swing, but I haven't seen much reverse swing in Perth. So it's probably between Tremlett and Bresnan, with Tremlett just ahead at this stage."

soaps
global resorts network
nirvana
Vip Member
Vip Member

Back to top Go down